Are you passionate about education and eager to inspire young minds? We’re thrilled to announce that we are currently hiring IBDP Subject Teachers! If you’re dedicated, knowledgeable, and ready to make a positive impact in the lives of students, we want to hear from you.
Join the team of educators who are shaping the future through innovative teaching methods and a commitment to excellence. Don’t miss out on this incredible opportunity to be part of the dynamic learning community.
Apply now via firstname.lastname@example.org and be a part of something meaningful. Together, we’re shaping the leaders of tomorrow!
The DP Subject Teacher is responsible for ensuring the effective learning of students in grades 11-12 in the subject area in line with the IB DP curriculum framework.
- Plan lessons according to the system followed by the school and subject area and deliver the lessons so planned to the students;
- Integrate the DP core (TOK/EE/CAS) into their subject classes and activities
- Submit all schemes of work, lesson plans and any other material to the relevant academic leaders according to school’s requirement;
- Regularly assess and mark students work following the guidelines of the school’s assessment policy;
- Develop and execute authentic assessment tasks in alignment with subject requirements and expectations
- Manage one’s classroom with regard to developing an interesting, stimulating and appropriate working environment for the students and set and maintain standards of student behavior that enhance the learning that takes place;
- invigilate mock and formal DP examinations according to IBO regulations
- Maintain effective records of student attendance, work covered and of student progress regularly;
- Provide detailed academic reports on all students in one’s classes in accordance with the DP reporting schedule;
- Liaise with other members of staff to establish cross curricular links and work practices;
- Attend department meetings and participate in periodic curriculum and syllabus review;
- Maintain familiarity with developments in one’s subject area and in pedagogy through research, reading and workshops.
- Be available for any student seeking guidance or help;
- Give additional academic support to students when necessary;
- Establish partnerships with parents so that they are well informed about student progress and work together to support student growth
- Be professionally consistent with the school’s mission and values.
- Note and apply the school’s policies and procedures as applicable.
- Cover as required for absent colleagues;
- Undertake any task the Department Head and Principal may reasonably identify in time of need.
The DP Subject Teacher should have:
- Current teaching certification appropriate to age level and subject specialty
- A minimum of an undergraduate degree in the area of expertise required, and preferably a Master’s Degree
- A strong belief in, and commitment to delivering, the school’s mission and vision
- A positive, collaborative attitude and approach
- A solid understanding of and desire to work with middle and high school students
- Fluency in English (writing/reading/speaking)
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experience and understanding of the IBDP program, particularly in the subject
- Experience in curriculum and assessment development
- Recent and relevant professional development, including recent IBDP training
- Ability to design learning experiences that incorporate digital tools and resources to promote student learning
- Standard Salary: Based on candidate’s qualification, degree and experience, the monthly salary is from 20,000 – 34,000 RMB before tax according to the pay scale.
- Housing Allowance
- A teacher without children – 3,500
- A teacher with children – 4,000
- A couple teaching at the school–2,000 for each party, without children
- A couple teaching at the school –2,250 for each party, with children
- Medical Insurance: The Employee is provided with the school selected comprehensive hospital medical insurance plan.
- Home Leave Flight Allowance: 10,000 RMB for each year (5,000 RMB for each semester) of the contract.
- Settling-in Allowance
- Recruited from domestic will have 2,500 RMB settling in allowance;
- Recruited from abroad will have 4,000 RMB settling in allowance;
- Holiday with Payment
- All Chinese national holidays;
- Around 2 weeks for Christmas holidays, depending on the school calendar,
- Around 2 weeks for Chinese New Year, depending on the school calendar,
- Around 4-5 weeks for summer vacation, depending on the school calendar,
The school may need the employee to cooperate in marketing and promotional day such as Open Day during the contract period, attending 1-2 marketing and promotional day activities per semester, the employee shall cooperate as much as possible, whether on weekends or holidays. In addition, all Senior Leadership Team (SLT) members are expected to be involved in marketing and admission activities such as school open days and education fairs.
- Paid Leaves: Four days of full-paid sick leave per semester
- Education Benefits for Teachers Whose Child Will Attend the school
Tuition Fees will be waived for the employee’s child who will attend the school. This benefit is conditional on your child meeting the admission requirements of the school. All other expenses related to the attendance of school, including but not limited to meals, transportation, insurance, and excursions, will be borne by the employee.
- Free Physical Examination: Free physical examination is provided to both full-time faculty and staff.
- Free lunches on weekdays
- Birthday gifts